You can add two types of accounts with Monarch. Synced accounts which are directly connected to your bank, and Manual accounts which are updated by you.
In Monarch Money, you have the ability to add accounts that are synced and update automatically from your bank or accounts that are manually updated by you.
Adding a Synced Account
A synced account is one that is connected directly to your bank. We'll automatically pull in balance and transaction details as you use the account.
During the initial setup of your account, or on the Accounts Screen, you will have the opportunity to link your account using Plaid.
- Select your bank from the list, or search for your bank by name.
- Enter your login credentials when prompted.
- Plaid will attempt to log into your bank account.
- If required, complete any additional security steps required to log into your bank.
- Your account is now linked to Monarch
A manual account is one that is not connected to a bank. You can track anything using this method from valuables like jewelry to a bank account that is not able to be synced automatically.
To add a manual account, select the account type and add any relevant information
If you're having trouble adding an account, please check our Known Issues page to see if we're already working on it.