Alerts can be sent either via email or to your mobile device as a push notification. You can configure your notifications at https://app.monarchmoney.com/settings/notifications or in the mobile app under Settings -> Notifications.
Monarch has these 7 types of notifications:
- Account out of sync - will notify you when an account gets disconnected from Monarch. Many financial companies require you to re-enter your password every 90 days so this can be helpful to remind you when you need to reconnect.
- Apple Card import - when a monthly statement is posted for your Apple Card, usually around the 1st day of the month, Monarch will send you a reminder to import it.
- Plan exceeded - if any of your budget categories are exceeded
- Financial progress - get notified after a week worth of financial activity
- Expense alert - get notifications for any expenses over a certain amount
- Deposit alert - get notifications for any deposits over a certain amount
- Uncategorized transactions - get notified anytime there are new transactions to review
Notifications will appear in the "bell" icon: